Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-360
Reporting Location: 199 Larch Street
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Business Systems Section, Information Technology Division, Corporate Services Department, of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires two (2) Senior Application Analysts. The successful candidates must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $38.69 to $47.51 per hour.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Business Systems.
- Undertake the analysis and study of systems (including the preparation of management reports, external verification checks, audit trail procedures and programming specifications) based on user requirements and corporate objectives.
- Develop and maintain systems, including in-house and third party software systems, using various tools and languages for computers, file servers and/or related equipment.
- Consult with staff and third party vendor staff in the development of systems and procedures or in revising methods for obtaining and standardizing input and output data.
- Recommend new equipment acquisition, or equipment modifications in consideration of projects and current or planned usage.
- Develop training courses and perform client training of new and planned systems and/or applications.
- Develop, maintain and update operations and user manuals for all programs and systems.
- Test all systems and/or programs to ensure accuracy. Develop test data for all changes and reviews results with users and/or the Manager of Software and Business Applications. Recommend solutions to problems.
- Assist in all aspects of planning and development with respect to information technology.
- Assist clients in the diagnosis of problems by troubleshooting the workstation, the software, the application system, the network or any related equipment.
- Provide direction and assistance to the Programmer/Analyst.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Over two and one-half (2½) years up to and including five (5) years of diversified experience in a senior system capacity.
- Experience with the Windows Server operating system an asset.
- Sound knowledge of systems analysis procedures and understanding of information technology hardware and software capabilities and uses.
- Experience working on enterprise business systems such as enterprise resource planning, asset management, land and property management, customer relationships management and enterprise content management systems.
- Successful completion of PeopleSoft training in Peopletools.
- Satisfactory keyboarding skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: email@example.com or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-360) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.