Job Title: Oil Burner Technician II (OBT 2)
Office location: Chelmsford, ON (service Sudbury and surrounding area)
Reporting to the Petroleum Manager, the Oil Burner Technician II promotes good customer relations by providing high calibre service to customers. The incumbent is concerned with promoting and maintaining a positive image for the Co-op. The incumbent must also possess some knowledge of health and safety, policies and procedures usually acquired through the natural progression of job responsibilities. The Oil Burner Technician will be responsible for the complete installation and repair of mechanical systems around fuel equipment, and ensuring that customers have reliable and code compliant systems.
- Responsible for the installation and service of home heating appliances and systems
- Utilizes company equipment safely and properly
- Transports, installs, assembles, and removes many varieties of home comfort and other oil appliances and systems with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Troubleshoots, services, repairs and maintains many varieties of home comfort and other oil appliances and systems
- Assists other technicians and/or other employees as needed
- Resolves customer concerns or complaints in a professional and helpful manner and provides customers with solutions to their energy, comfort and any safety-related needs
- Ensures the safe use of company service vehicles
- Understands, follows and advocates company policies and local, state and federal rules, regulations, and codes pertaining to the safe installation and service of oil equipment while creating relationships with state and local authorities
- Inspects oil tanks and piping and bleeds oil lines and fire oil burners as necessary
- Completes required paperwork and documentation in a professional and legible manner
- Represents the company professionally and respectfully in all interactions with customers and with the general public
- Ensures the appearance and condition of company vehicles, equipment, tools, and other assets are safe, clean and maintained
- Attends and participates in company training programs
- Sets and follows high standard of personal conduct
- Involved in special projects from time to time, depending on business need
- Communicate with central dispatch as well as customers and co-workers.
- Acknowledge and respond to numerous member/customer inquiries.
- Helps develop, promote and maintain good customer relations.
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer problems, mechanical problems or delivery problems.
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Maintain current legislated or company required licenses, permits and certificates.
- Report any convictions under the Highway Traffic Act.
- Be aware of steps and procedures required in case of accidents involving hazardous products and follow procedures as stipulated.
- Promote Co-opérative Régionale’s products, services and philosophy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for any other tasks and duties as assigned, which may or may not relate to the normal scope of this position
Required qualifications and experience:
- Oil Burner Technician certificate (OBT2) required
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Valid DZ License an asset
- Experience working as an oil service technician preferred
- Bilingualism an asset
- Computer knowledge
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, consistent decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Good knowledge of the Highway Traffic, the Truck Transportation and Gasoline Handling Acts.
- Knowledge of the Co-op’s organization, policies and principles
- Able and willing to work on a rotating on-call schedule
- Physical activity required
- Travel required
- Work in excessive heat in the summer
- Work in changing weather and hazardous driving conditions in the winter
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Deadlines and irregular hours of work
- Benefits, pension plan, clothing allowance
- No shift work schedule
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position with 6 months’ probation (non-union)
Salary: Negotiable, as per experience
Application Deadline: December 14th, 2018 before 4 PM
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest in this position but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.