VistaCare Communications is a leading telecommunications solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently a motivated Telecom Line Technician to join our telecommunication construction operations in Sudbury, ON for permanent, full-time positions. A Telecom Line Technician is involved in all facets of outside plant construction including Fibre Optics, Copper and RF Coax.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate vehicle-mounted aerial device equipment;
- Operate cable lashing machines and other line equipment;
- Load and unload equipment and cable trailers;
- Outside Plant (OSP) line construction with coax, copper and fibre cables;
- Perform testing and troubleshooting if required;
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation;
- Ability to work construction in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels);
- Self-disciplined, motivated, organized, and a team player;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and repetitive tasks.
- Line Technician related experience is an asset
- Technical training or lineman training/certification considered an asset
- Preference is given to candidates with telecommunication experience in outside plant construction (OSP) and FTTx projects.
- Valid driver’s license (preference given to Class DZ and above) - Class DZ with airbrakes an asset)
* May be required to obtain the Class DZ with airbrakes if not already in possession;
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and skill level;
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision insurance);
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Employer-matched RRSP group plan.
APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE: