FULL-TIME CONTRACT – 2 YEARS
As an accredited Indigenous Institute in the province of Ontario and a part of the third pillar in the post-secondary education sector, the organization is seeking to recruit an individual who has the skills and knowledge to contribute to the rapid growth and participate in building a place of learning that reflects Kenjgewin Teg's Anishinaabe philosophy of education for adult learners through the Pathway Programs.
Classification: Manager M4 Middle-Manager/Salary Grade Band M
Qualified Level Salary Range: $80,307 - $89,230 - $98,153
Advanced Qualification Salary Range: $90,746 - $100,829 -
The Dean of Pathways will be responsible for providing strategic leadership on academic programs and curricula ensuring students are provided with quality instruction and support services in a welcoming learning environment. This position will act as an academic and student services leader by providing program delivery supervision, coordination, administration, and financial budgeting, while monitoring and reporting on key achievements and program deliverables including data management. The Dean of Pathways will ensure the integrity of programs and services that are in alignment with Anishinaabe Aadziwin.
▪ Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Education
▪ Must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
▪ Applicant must possess Principal’s Qualifications or commit to completing the Principal’s Qualification course in an identified timeframe
▪ Have a thorough understanding of operating a private secondary school in Ontario for Ministry inspection
▪ Minimum five years of demonstrated substantial management experience in a secondary or adult learning environment
Job Knowledge and Skills:
• Must have an appreciation of the Anishinabek culture, principles, values, language, history, and customs; and be supportive of Anishinabek practices, language revitalization and protocols
• Ability to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, proposals and reports
• Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving budget management, and reports
• Strong time management skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
• Intermediate – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, TEAMS, Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Familiarity with Brightspace LMS
• Familiarity with SIS
• Strong understanding of PLAR – PPM132
• Knowledge of Trauma Informed Educational practices
• Ability to maintain filing systems and databases
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department for a FULL job description to provide the scope and an understanding of this position’s responsibilities.
Please note that the successful candidate must be willing to travel when required, possess a valid Ontario Driver's license, and have access to a reliable vehicle.
For further information, please contact the Director of Human Resources at [email protected]
Interested individuals can send a complete application package that consists of:
Cover letter, a detailed resume, three (3) current (within one year) letters of reference, two of which must be professional on organizational letterhead and authored by direct supervisor, and written permission to contact references. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applications can be received marked confidential through email at [email protected] or by mail to:
"HR – Dean of Pathways"
c/o Director of Human Resources
374A Hwy. 551, P.O. Box 328, M’Chigeeng, ON P0P 1G0
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg Educational Institute's Fitness for Duty Program is implemented, which is designed to promote the development and maintenance of the highest possible levels of worker health and safety in an efficient and productive workplace.
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg Educational Institute has taken steps to ensure that the organization is inclusive within the school community. This includes the shared practice of First Nation tradition of smudging.
Late applications and incomplete application packages will not be considered. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom Of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987.