FULL-TIME CONTRACT TO JUNE 2026
As an accredited Indigenous Institute in the province of Ontario and a part of the third pillar in the post-secondary education sector, the organization is seeking to recruit an individual who has the skills and knowledge to contribute to the rapid growth and participate in building a place of learning that reflects Kenjgewin Teg’s Anishinaabe philosophy of education for adult learners.
Classification: Manager M3 Program Head/Salary Grade Band L
Qualified Level $75,583 - $83,981 - $92,379
Advanced Qualifications Level
$85,409 - $94,899 - $104,388
As an accredited Indigenous Institute recognized in Ontario with the ability to create and deliver certificates, diplomas and degrees, the Director of Quality Assurance ensures that organizational quality assurance policies, standards and procedures are created, aligned, and balanced between the needs of the Mnidoo Mnising community, the Indigenous Advanced Education and Skills Council, and required provincial and/or federal legislation requirements. As a critical position supporting the growth of Kenjgewin Teg, appreciation and/or practice of Anishinabek traditional knowledge and First Nation education curriculum and policy perspectives is critical.
▪ Masters degree in education-related discipline
▪ Preference given to applicants demonstrating Anishinabek traditional knowledge; Kendmoowin - Anishnabemowin miinwaa Anishnaabe bmaadziwin
▪ Minimum of three years of work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards
▪ Knowledge of Indigenous higher education & training sector
▪ Policy writing or other related writing experience
Job Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of education policy and curriculum perspectives of Mnidoo Mnising and the Anishinabek Nation
• Excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with internal departments and external stakeholders
• Excellent writing skills for documenting and communicating policy and processes with Lifelong Learning and Corporate Services teams
• Self-initiative, well-defined diplomacy, including conflict resolution and people management skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed individual capable of multi-tasking; able to work with minimal supervision
• Detail-oriented and analytical thinker; strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Able to build and maintain good relationships across Lifelong Learning and Corporate Services teams of the organization.
• Adaptable, strong work ethic and contributor to positive team attitude
• Demonstrated professionalism, and tactfulness in multi-dimensional work or other environments
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department for a FULL job description to provide the scope and an understanding of this position’s responsibilities.
Please note that the successful candidate must be willing to travel when required, possess a valid Ontario Driver’s license, and have access to a reliable vehicle.
For further information, please contact the Director of Human Resources at [email protected].
Interested individuals can send a complete application package that consists of:
Cover letter, a detailed resume, three (3) current (within one year) letters of reference, two of which must be professional on organizational letterhead and authored by direct supervisor, and written permission to contact references. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applications can be received marked confidential through email at [email protected], or by mail, to:
“HR – Director of Quality Assurance”
c/o Director of Human Resources
374A Hwy. 551, P.O. Box 328, M’Chigeeng, ON P0P 1G0
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg Educational Institute’s Fitness for Duty Program is implemented which is designed to promote the development and maintenance of the highest possible levels of worker health and safety in an efficient and productive workplace.
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg Educational Institute has taken steps to ensure that the organization is inclusive within the school community. This includes the shared practice of First Nation tradition of smudging.
Late applications and incomplete application packages will not be considered. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom Of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987.