Business Consultant - Testing
||Sault Ste., Marie, ON, Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
||Cust Experience Integ & Deliv
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Business Consultant - Testing
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Analysis the Business Consultant will work in cross-division OLG and solution vendor teams to enable planning and execution of discovery sessions, business requirements, sprints, user acceptance testing, operational readiness and change management.
What you will be doing:
Work in cross-division OLG and solution vendor teams to:
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder analysis and requirements gathering sessions with key business stakeholders to establish business needs and workflows
- Lead OLG’s business resources through the development of test cases, test data, acceptance test planning and execution for both Agile and Waterfall projects, and oversee acceptance testing to ensure coverage of all business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Develop, contribute to and vet business analysis artifacts (e.g., business requirements, requirements traceability matrix, user stories, epics, use cases, etc.)
- Report overall project and test progress to various levels of management and stakeholders including test results and observations, and other testing quality metrics
- Create, leverage and/or update business modelling deliverables including but not limited to: gap analysis report(s), business process models/activity diagrams (i.e. workflows and related illustrations), conceptual data models, flow charts and storyboards
- Collaborate with systems analyst teams and service providers to ensure accurate translation of business requirements to technical designs
- Guide defect documentation, maintain and update defect logs, triage to quick resolution of defects and provide inputs for defect prevention
- Lead discussions to resolve complex or conflicting business requirements
- Identify risks, constraints, and dependencies, and assist Senior Managers in developing plans for mitigation of risks
- Support service providers and AGCO through their respective testing phases
- Lead the submission of completed initiatives to AGCO for their assessment and approval
- Support the Change Control and Risk/Issue Escalation processes on projects
- Support the implementation of solutions into production
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Agile and Waterfall Methodologies, Requirements and test management tools (Confluence, JIRA, HP ALM, JAMA)
- CBAP® or equivalent, Agile Analysis, Test Management certifications are preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in business analysis including complex stakeholder management, requirement elicitation, documentation, process modeling, high level design, business analysis best practices and test management and execution on customer facing ecommerce solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems, engineering or business management. Master’s degree in management or systems is preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on November 14, 2019.
Click here to apply.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.