- Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
- OLG Site or Facility: Foster Drive Office
- Number of Positions: 2
- Job Type: Contract
- Length of Contract: 12 months
- Department/Division: OLG Support Centre
- Posted Date: 1/6/2020
- Job Posting External Expiry Date: 1/22/2020
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Inbound OLG Support Centre (OSC) Specialist (12 month contract)
Reporting to the Manager OLG Support Centre, the Inbound OSC Specialist is responsible for establishing quality customer and retailer interactions and addressing inquiries in a manner that aligns with OLG’s customer centric values.
This is a shift work position in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment. Must be able to work a variety of rotating shifts (8.25 hour and 10 hour shifts) including day, afternoon, evening and night shifts, on weekdays, weekends and public/paid holidays.
What you will be doing:
- Create great customer and retailer experiences at every interaction to establish a strong customer-centric OLG brand
- Document and record all interactions, such as phone calls, emails and social media – in order to monitor and analyze customer and retailer experiences
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all OLG products, services and promotions to ensure customers and retailers receive accurate information
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all OLG procedures to ensure compliance with organizational privacy, information and risk protocols
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customer and retailer questions regarding products, services and promotions to support customers in optimizing their value from OLG offerings
- Offer advice and guidance on products, services and promotions to enhance the customer’s interaction and valueadd from OLG offerings
- Troubleshoot lottery terminals and escalate to vendor, as necessary, to ensure smooth and quality OLG interactions
- Escalate customer and retailer inquiries, as needed, to ensure quality interactions and customer satisfaction is achieved
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve department policies, processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective operations
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience
- 3+ years of experience in customer service
- 3+ years of experience working in complex, challenging environments
- Understanding of gaming, entertainment or other similar industries is preferred
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service
- Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on January 22, 2020.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.