Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking Community Support Workers for full time, part time, and casual positions in the City of Greater Sudbury.
Within the Community Health and Wellness department, and under the direction of the Care Coordinator, the Home Support Worker is responsible to is responsible to provide care and support to seniors allowing them to stay independent in their homes.
· Provide personal assistance and care to clients
· Light housekeeping
· Meal preparation
· Perform other duties as required
· This is a general overview of the position and other duties may be added per Canadian Red Cross and Assisted Living Policies and Procedures.
· The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused.
· Demonstrates fundamental abilities to participate as a member of the core/support team:
· Carries out tasks, accept assignments, completes assignments
· Time Management skills – plan work load, balances multiple demands
· Follows Care Plan
· Does not exceed the boundary of the therapeutic/professional relationship
· Acknowledges limitations, keeps within role and knowledge base (scope of practice)
· French speaking is an asset
· Demonstrates acceptable work habits:
· Dependable, punctual
· Able to manage stress
· Accepts suggestions
· Interacts well with others
· Maintains professional appearance
· Maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and the Canadian Red Cross
· The work is principally performed in the residencies of the clients where conditions may vary, located throughout the City of Greater Sudbury.
· The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, occasional requirement to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends, often with short notice.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on the Canadian Red Cross Online Career Website. These positions are open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided.) PSW certificate or 2nd year nursing needed. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.