The purpose of this position is to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate counselling services to the Indigenous population of the area, including direct services to clients and community education and development.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To complete assessments as per agency policy for the purpose of developing treatment plans.
- To develop and revise treatment plans as required;
- To provide individual, marital, family and group counselling in accordance with the identified needs of the clients;
- To provide psychosocial follow-up and case management services in the hospital, the community and the client’s home;
- To monitor progress, reduce involvement and/or discharge clients as required;
- To offer and/or coordinate traditional spiritual activities in order to facilitate the community healing i.e. healing circles, sweat lodge, etc.;
- To respond to crisis situations promptly as per program policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all parties;
- To participate on a rotation basis to the on-call schedule for crisis response.
- To work cooperatively with other service providers and interested individuals to develop community based resources and to promote mental health;
- To provide information, educational presentations and workshops to agencies and the Indigenous community on topics relating to mental health.
- B.S.W or B.A in psychology or equivalent, or College Diploma in Native Social Work or relevant Aboriginal-focused program with significant relevant experience;
- Registration or eligibility to register with CRPO or OCSWSSW;
- Sound knowledge of Aboriginal culture;
- Experience in crisis intervention in an asset;
- Knowledge of mental illness and demonstrated intervention skills;
- Bilingualism preferred, English and Cree or Ojibway;
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle;
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Salaries and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates must submit their résumés by e-mail to email@example.com
We thank all candidates. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
5-233 Eighth Street