Blind River, ON
Position and Responsibilities
As a key member of the fuel services division leadership team, reporting to the vice-president, fuel services, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Blind River Refinery. In this role, you will provide leadership to ensure reliable, sustainable and cost effective operation of the refinery, aligned with the fuel service division’s strategic plans and objectives. You will be responsible for translating corporate vision and strategy into operating plans for the site. You will lead a senior team of professionals to ensure all activities are carried out in a safe, environmentally responsible, socially acceptable and cost-effective manner that is consistent with Cameco’s measures of success and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Confident and self-motivated, you approach work with integrity that drives your behaviour as a trustworthy leader. Your ability to communicate effectively and identify long term competitive advantages, business opportunities and recommend long term business strategies will ensure your success in this role.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., finance, engineering, business)
• Minimum of 15 years progressive management experience
• Solid understanding of refinery or chemical plant operations
• Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
• Ability to foster and sustain effective relationships
• Excel in a team environment with proven leadership competencies
• Ensure innovative and continual improvement on health, safety, environment and quality measures
• Strong leadership capabilities in enhancing and sustaining an effective team environment
• Solid understanding of the nuclear industry
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all positions at safety-sensitive sites or in safety-sensitive positions must take and pass a substance test (which includes marijuana testing) as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications
is March 4, 2020. Please quote competition number 32187.