Public Affairs Coordinator
The Public Affairs Coordinator will be responsible for the
development and implementation of a Marketing and Public
Relations Plan for the Sudbury Manitoulin Children’s Foundation (SMCF). The Plan is
to increase SMCF’s: donor base, events, education of referral agencies, sponsors, and
volunteer recruitment, as well to strengthen its media relations. The Public Affairs
Coordinator will play a key role in the delivery of SMCF’s “Send-A-Kid-To-Camp” and
“Bursary Program” message with a focus on raising its profile in the districts of Sudbury
The Public Affairs Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Developing and implementing strategies designed to increase SMCF’s donor base,
events, education of referral agencies, sponsors, and volunteer recruitment as well as
maintain contact with current and new volunteers.
• Assisting with the strengthening all public affairs aspects of SMCF’s 3 programs
• Securing new camps for potential future use.
• Assisting the Executive Director with the evaluation of SMCF’s 3 Programs to improve
• Assisting the Executive Director with the training and supervising of seasonal staff
Qualifications for the position are as follows:
• University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three
years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a
graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position
will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
• Demonstrated skills in promotional development, marketing and public relations.
• Experience with: grant writing, community building work; organizing and executing
• Experience in working with committees and volunteer recruitment.
• Strong interpersonal, networking, public speaking and communication skills.
• Website and social media site maintenance skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Possession of a valid Driver’s licence and is in good standing.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed.
• Bilingual language (French and English) skills an asset
Application Deadline: 5:00 P.M. on October 21, 2019
Please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae to:
By mail: Sudbury Manitoulin Children’s Foundation
Anne Salter Dorland - Executive Director
P.O. Box 1264, Stn B
Sudbury, Ontario P3E 4S7
or By Fax: (705)673-8798
or By e-mail: email@example.com