Employment Opportunity Notice: EX20-377
Reporting Location: 1805 Frobisher
Estimated Probable Duration: Seven (7) Months
70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
The Solid Waste Support Services Section, Environmental Services Division, Growth and Infrastructure Department of the City of Greater Sudbury, requires a Customer Services Representative. The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below. The current range of pay for this position is $24.88 to $29.12 per hour.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Solid Waste Support Services:
- Maintain and update the Solid Waste and Litter Hotline Manual.
- Input information in the ACR or related customer service system, circulate information records and distribute to appropriate section.
- Assist with the training of staff who receive solid waste enquiries or complaints.
- Review customer service requests and/or complaints, initiate action with CGS staff and/or contractors, ensure follow-up.
- File customer service requests/complaints in accordance with established protocols.
- Provide promotional and/or informational material/forms regarding solid waste services.
- Assist with the co-ordination and revisions of High Density Residential Agreements, Adoption Agreements, CGS service requirements with appropriate Solid Waste Employees, CGS staff and customers. Distribute revised agreements, maintain and update files.
- Liaise with other CGS Departments/Divisions as it relates to solid waste issues.
- Research and provide historical data for solid waste claims.
- Provide and maintain a registry of solid waste contractors and suppliers for CGS and public use.
- Assist in preparing documents and tenders as required.
- Compile and enter monthly statistics as required.
- Perform typing, filing and miscellaneous clerical duties for the Division.
- Assist secretarial/clerical staff during periods of vacation, overload or absence.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Over two and a half (2½) year up to and including five (5) years of directly related and responsible experience and training.
- Knowledge of solid waste systems and programs.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and By-laws.
- Demonstrate keyboarding (a minimum of 50 words per minute) and word processing skills.
- Demonstrate ability related to computer software and administrative systems in a Windows environment (e.g. file maintenance, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, information input and retrieval, customer relationship management software, fleet management, Traffic Studio, Wasteworks, GIS software and other web-based application systems).
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, staff, outside agencies, and Councillors in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detailed work.
- Ability to handle large-volume functions.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- French verbal and written skills an asset.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their résumé in confidence by Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM by: e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile number: 705-688-3979. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered. Please reference the Employment Opportunity number (EX20-377) on your resume.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants.
Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Hiring Manager.