Does the idea of getting paid to explore and experience Northern Ontario excite you?
Do you love the idea of collaborating with cool partners such as discovery centres, museum attractions, Indigenous organizations, and tourist centres?
Are you passionate about engaging visitors with innovative experiences and exhibits?
Are you motivated by working with an enthusiastic team of professionals with a strong focus on leadership?
Sound like something up your ally?
At Science North we thrive on bringing award-winning science experiences to communities across Northern Ontario and we want YOUR passion for working with people, science communication, and event planning!
As the STEM Specialist– Northern Initiatives you will work with the dynamic Education and Northern Programs team and utilize your leadership skills and develop program experiences in Northern Ontario communities, plan special events, deliver unique experiences and help cultivate new relationships with partners along the way.
• Develop and deliver science events and experiences that are just as unique as you!
• Lead the planning and delivery of Northern Ontario experiences like Northern Nature Exchanges, THINK Hubs, and science festivals, while showcasing your energy and passion for collaboration with partner attractions
• Put your event planning skills to work on delivering some of Sudbury’s most iconic events like New Year’s Eve Family Fun Day and Canada Day
• Use your exceptional interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with partners and stakeholders
• Be a STEM superhero and support other programming initiatives
• Formal background in a STEM field or equivalent
• Demonstrated organizational, planning and project management skills
• Superior attention to detail and an aptitude for resourcefulness
• Exceptional communication skills, possessing a high level of verbal and written proficiency
• Excellent demonstrated program development and delivery skills
• Ability to run effective and collaborative meetings with internal and external colleagues
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables within a fast paced environment
• Willingness and ability for some travel, and periodic evening and weekend work
• Valid driver’s license reflecting a 3-year safe driving record
This is a full-time position one-year opportunity, with possibility of extension, at a salary starting at $47,300 per year
• Free personal membership
• A community of like-minded people
• Exciting opportunities for professional development
• Visit communities across Northern Ontario
• An inclusive and innovative organization