Position Title: Supervisor, Operations
Team and Location: Commercial Fuels–Bluewave Energy–Sudbury Ontario
Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, Superpumper Inc., Ultramar, and most recently Parkland Refining (B.C.) Ltd.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
The Supervisor, Operations is responsible for the day to day operations of the site. We are looking for an individual who will take pride in the Branch and will work to safely build the business and operate it in an efficient manner.
- Supervision of staff including hiring, performance management and salary recommendations;
- Ensures the facility and its employees are complying with all safety procedures set by the company;
- Stock control and site inventory control for the facility – ensuring inventory levels are kept at appropriate level;
- Customer service – ensuring our customers get the best possible service at all times;
- Site Maintenance – working with contractors when required;
- Office Administration – completing reports as required by head office;
- Assist with month end close procedures;
- Oversee process of accepting payments and cash handling
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience supervising employees along with previous service and delivery experience, a Gas Fitter and/or DZ license will be an asset;
- Experience working with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
JDE experience an asset but training will be provided, and;
- Industry experience an asset.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Our main priority at Parkland is our people. As an employee, you can expect a fair workplace, a professional work environment, competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and a share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and our Annual Incentive Plan.
Our preferred method of application is online at www.parkland.ca
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Fuel Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.