Skip to content

Clinic, Classes and Events - Immunization Clinic

The Health Unit offers several immunization services.


Main office immunization clinic:

1300 Paris Street
P3E 3A3

Rainbow Centre immunization clinic

40 Elm Street, Unit 109
P3C 1S8

Espanola office immunization clinic

800 Centre Street, Unit 100 C
P5E 1J3

Manitoulin Island office immunization clinic

6163 Highway 542
P0P 1S0

Chapleau office immunization clinic

101 Pine Street East
P0M 1K0

Sudbury East office immunization clinic

1 King Street
St. Charles
P0M 2W0

Seasonal influenza immunization

Protect yourself by learning about the spread of influenza and getting a flu shot.

Health Unit office clinics:

- Main office

- Espanola office

- Manitoulin Island office

- Chapleau office

Travel immunization and counselling

Protecting your health is crucial when visiting foreign countries. Our nurses offer travel counselling that is tailored to each individual and is based on your destination. We offer travel immunizations at a cost. To request an appointment for travel immunization or counselling please select a location that best meets your needs.

- Main office immunization clinic

- Espanola office immunization clinic

- Manitoulin Island office immunization clinic

- Chapleau office immunization clinic

School immunization

Every year, our registered nurses visit schools and give students in Grades 7 and 8 the opportunity to be immunized against hepatitis B, meningococcal disease and human papillomavirus (HPV).

At this age, the vaccines are publicly funded therefore are given free of charge. Consent forms and fact sheets are sent home with every student in their agendas. Eligible students that miss getting the vaccine at their school can get it at one of the Health Unit’s offices.

Reminder: Immunization against meningococcal disease is required to attend school in Ontario.

Immunization records: keep your child’s record up-to-date

The Health Unit collects, reviews and maintains immunization records for all children in schools and licensed child care centres in our communities as outlined in both the Immunization of Schools Pupils Act, 1990, and the Day Nurseries Act, 1990.

Parents and guardians are responsible to report all immunizations to the Health Unit. Doctors do not report this information to the Health Unit.

You have several options to report your child’s vaccinations

School-age children require certain vaccinations to attend school or a valid exemption, and parents and guardians must keep their child’s record up-to-date with the Health Unit. Your options to report vaccinations are listed below.

Options to update your child’s vaccination record:

Online reporting

Bring a copy of your child’s record to any Health Unit location during regular business hours

Call 705.522.9200, ext. 458 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200)

Fax a copy of your child’s vaccination record to 705.677.9616 (confidential fax)

Mail a copy of your child’s record to:

Sudbury & District Health Unit

Attention: Clinical and Family Services Division

1300 Paris Street

Sudbury, ON  P3E 3A3

Vaccination exemptions

If your child requires an exemption from vaccination for medical, religious, or conscientious reasons, you must complete and submit one of the following forms, which are available online at (Government of Ontario):

- Statement of Medical Exemption

- Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief


Before reporting your child’s vaccinations to the Health Unit, please read the information below.

The Health Unit maintains and reviews immunization records for children in all schools, and licensed daycares and nurseries within the Greater Sudbury and the districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin.

All of the information you submit is confidential and stored on a secure provincial immunization database. The information is collected and disclosed by the Sudbury & District Health Unit within the authority of the Immunization of School Pupils Act, the Health Promotion and Protection Act, and the Day Nurseries Act, to:

- Review a child’s immunization record during an outbreak of a disease that would be preventable through immunization, to determine if they are protected.

- Annually assess a child’s immunization status to ensure they meet requirements to attend school or licensed daycares or nurseries.

- Share a child’s immunization information with their school principal once suspension orders have been mailed to parents.

Share a child’s immunization information with their licensed daycare or nursery operator when:

- The child’s immunization information is incomplete and the parent or guardian has not provided the required information to the Health Unit.

- There is an outbreak or risk of an outbreak of a communicable disease and unimmunized or under-immunized children may be required to be excluded from attendance.

- A copy of a child’s immunization record needs to be sent to another health unit if a child moves to a school in another public health unit’s service area.

If you have any questions about your privacy or our collection and disclosure of this information, please call our office at 705.522.9200, ext. 458 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).