- Community Organizations
Shkagamik Kwe Health Centre
The Shkagamik-Kwe Health Centre is an Aboriginal Health Access Centre that;
- Is dedicated to balanced and healthy lifestyles through quality, holistic, culturally-relevant health services to the First Nations, Métis and Inuit individuals and their families in the Greater City of Sudbury and partnering First Nation Communities.
- Engages in clinical, social, economic and cultural initiatives that will promote the health of all Aboriginal people.
- Promotes community building through partnerships, education and advocacy.
The Shkagamik-Kwe Health Centre envisions a world in which all First Nations, Métis and Inuit people have:
- Achieved full and equitable access to the conditions of health, including: pride in ancestry, cultural reclamation, peace, shelter, education, food, income, a stable environment, resources, and social justice.
- Where the gifts and wisdom of the First Nations, Metis and Inuit cultures are recognized as valuable, distinctive and beautiful.
The Shkagamik-Kwe Health Centre’s main purpose is to create and deliver services that will prevent ill health, treat illness and provide ongoing support and aftercare. Services will be offered in a culturally safe way that welcomes, accepts and represents all Aboriginal peoples, utilizing an approach that combines Western and Traditional practices.