Spark Employment Services, previously named Sudbury Vocational Resource Centre (SVRC) was established in 1986 to respond to restructuring that was taking place in the mining industry. SVRC rebranded to Spark Employment Services in 2019.
The initiative was called Project 25-44 and was designed to re-integrate males receiving social assistance back into the labour force. As a result of this highly successful program, the organization expanded to provide services in partnership with Federal, Provincial and Regional governments.
SVRC, now Spark Employment Services incorporated in 1986 and has charitable status.
The organization has a Board of Directors that is highly committed to maintaining a productive, warm and friendly environment where employment and training information can be obtained.>
Our mandate is to
• to provide a resource centre to assist unemployed clients to secure employment
• to provide employment counselling and referral to other services and programs
• to network on issues regarding literacy/numeracy
• to provide literacy/numeracy to clients to ensure that the utilization of community programs, services and resources are available to the unemployed
• to enhance their employability