How should you spend your Victoria Day weekend? How about a visit to Science North and Dynamic Earth?
Here's five things you can do at the science centres this weekend:
5. Catch a flick in the IMAX Theatre – Grab a group of friends to witness the war between two of history’s most iconic superheroes in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" on Northern Ontario’s largest screen. Not into superheroes? That’s okay — the theatre has plenty of exciting, family friendly documentaries like "America Wild: National Parks Adventure 3D," "Great White Shark 3D" and "Watermelon Magic." The science centre is also showing "A Beautiful Planet 3D," shot from NASA’s International Space Station.
4. Hang out with a beaver — Looking for a truly Canadian experience this Victoria Day? Come meet Drifter, Science North's in-house beaver! This animal ambassador loves his greens, particularly: aspen, dandelions, roots and leaves flowers! You can see him munching down on his favourite treats at 3 p.m. every day this weekend.
3. Go seven stories underground — Ever experience a mining blast? Visit Dynamic Earth and brace yourself for this one.
2. Visit a MEGA exhibition — Megalodon: Largest Shark that Ever Lived is open at Dynamic Earth. At 18 metres long, the megalodon shark was the largest shark that ever lived and a dominant marine predator. Walk through the jaws of a life-sized megalodon sculpture to learn all about this ancient creature!
1. Explore four floors of science fun — From the science of wildfires to the marvels of outer space, Science North has you covered.