Tragically Hip fans from Sudbury will need to travel to Toronto for the closest concert dates to see the iconic Canadian band's farewell tour.
A day after the band announced singer Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer, they revealed the dates for their summer tour.
The tour will support the band's 14th studio album, “Man Machine Poem” and will kick off in Victoria on July 22, and ends in their hometown of Kingston, on Aug. 20.
Tickets go on sale June 3 at 10 a.m., and will be available through the band's website.
That website crashed Wednesday morning due to high demand to see the tour dates.
Those dates are as follows:
- Victoria, July 22: Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre.
- Vancouver, July 24: Rogers Arena.
- Edmonton, July 28: Rexall Place.
- Calgary, Aug 1: Scotiabank Saddledome.
- Winnipeg, Aug 5: MTS Centre.
- London, Ont., Aug. 8: Budweiser Gardens.
- Toronto, Aug 10 and Aug. 12: Air Canada Centre.
- Hamilton , Aug. 16: Firstontario Centre.
- Ottawa, Aug. 18: Canadian Tire Centre.
- Kingston, Aug. 20: Rogers K-Rock Centre.