Seven groups of talented Northern Ontario high school musicians took part in the grand finale event of a yearly music contest called Radio-Chaud May 30.
The contest was for Conseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l'Ontario (CSPGNO) students, and involved writing a song and producing a music video.
The following prizes were awarded:
- Best creative concept: T'es moins aveugle – É. s. Cité-Supérieure, Marathon
- Best promotional group: Deux chemins – É. s. Château-Jeunesse, Longlac
- Best song: Taille 6 - É. s. de la Rivière-des-Français, Noëlville
- Best performance: Renaissance – É. s. Macdonald-Cartier, Sudbury
- Best clan: Taille 6 – É. s. de la Rivière-des-Français, Noëlville
CSPGNO congratulated all of the students who took part, as well as those who helped out with the contest.
“Radio-Chaud has become a must-see event for the CSPGNO,” said a press release.
“Now in its 17th year, Radio-Chaud never fails to excite its participants and audiences alike. More than 100 songs have been produced, recorded on CD and played on local radio stations since the project’s inception.”