If you're looking for some fun family seasonal activities, Downtown Sudbury has stepped up to the plate with plenty to do during the month of December.
Free Saturday movies at Imagine Cinemas
- Saturday, Dec. 7, 11 a.m. — National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Saturday, Dec. 14, 11 a.m. — The Polar Express
- Saturday, Dec. 21 at 11 a.m. — Grinch (2018)
Free horse-drawn wagon rides
- Boarding on Durham Street in front of the YMCA 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays, Dec. 7, 14, 21.
Downtown Sudbury Christmas Market
- A tradition begins. Ignite your holiday spirit with one of the many activities at Tom Davies Square Courtyard. The event runs 5-9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7. Tree-lighting at 5 p.m. Friday. Enjoy festive food items, a bonfire with s'mores, snap your photo with holiday displays, pick up a gift from craft vendors. Admission by donation (proceeds to MS Society of Canada, Sudbury-Manitoulin chapter).
Gift from Downtown Sudbury
- Keep your receipts totalling $75 (before taxes) from your downtown purchases (Nov. 16 to Dec. 21) and bring them to 115 Larch St. (Downtown Sudbury offices) Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. to receive your free gift.
- Saturday, Dec. 7 — wreath/swag
- Saturday, Dec. 14 — poinsettia
- Saturday, Dec. 21 — cyclamen plant or Christmas cactus
Downtown Art Crawl, Holiday Edition
- Runs Saturday, Dec. 7 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. A pedestrian-friendly cultural experience featuring visual and performing artists at over 20 downtown venues.
- Up to $6,000 in gift certificates to be won
- Fill out your ballot at the 30 participating businesses. There are weekly draws in December.