The birth of your first child can be an exciting experience. But the joy of becoming parents suddenly turned to sorrow for Julie and Jeffrey Gratton when their first daughter, Chloe, passed away during delivery.
Julie and Jeffrey knew that if they could get through the loss of a child they could get through anything together and decided to try again.
Sadly, Julie miscarried during her second pregnancy, but despite it all, the couple never gave up hope.
They are now raising three beautiful children — Eric, Anne and Théo.
Lately, Jeffrey has been busy working 12-hour shifts as a contractor at Vale, so with the help from his supervisor and Vale, Sudbury.com was able to surprise Jeffrey with some Father's Day gifts.
Check out more AOK videos here.
Do you know someone who:
- Is a quiet hero giving tirelessly of their time and energy to positively impact the well-being of the community
- Is making a profound impact through acts of courage, compassion, selflessness or sacrifice despite their own challenges
- Has been faced with a painful loss or faced multiple challenges
- Is experiencing financial hardships despite determined efforts to overcome them
- Has been diagnosed or living with a debilitating illness and requires assistance
Nominate them to be our next Acts of Kindness recipient at www.sudbury.com/aok.