Community members, alumni, partners and supporters of Cambrian College showed their giving spirit on Nov. 30, with donations totalling $84,300 on Giving Tuesday.
"I am amazed by the continual generosity that makes up our community and our Cambrian community,” says Brandi Braithwaite, Cambrian’s director of development and alumni, in a release.
"This has been a challenging time for a lot of people and to see so much support for our students who have had to navigate another school year through the pandemic while balancing learning and the costs of education is so heart-warming. Every dollar raised on Giving Tuesday will directly help Cambrian students in need.”
This year’s total beat the $83,000 raised last year during Giving Tuesday.
“Our success here at Cambrian is largely due to the amazing relationships we have with partners in our community and beyond," said Brathwaite. "We have such a generous and involved roster of business leaders, graduates and supporters who truly share our vision and rise to the occasion to help the next generation succeed.”
The businesses and individuals that supported Cambrian College with matched donations for Giving Tuesday 2021 included:
- TESC - Women pursuing careers in skilled trades and engineering
- Canadian Tire - Cambrian student foodbank
- Crosstown Chevrolet Buick GMC - Business program bursaries
- Lopes Ltd. - Engineering program bursaries
- TESC - Workplace safety and prevention program bursaries
- Pioneer Construction and FisherWavy - Student mental health supports
- Milman Industries Inc. - Area of greatest need
- Mario Grossi - Hardship and emergency bursaries
- Spectrum Group and Motorola Solutions - Entrance scholarships