The best of the best of Greater Sudbury’s business community was celebrated during Thursday night’s Bell Business Excellence Awards gala at the Caruso Club.
The 24th annual event, hosted by the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce, found 98 nominations submitted for its 10 award categories.
The event is “an opportunity to not only acknowledge the contributions of area business owners, but to also learn from them – and about them,” said a press release from the chamber.
“From young entrepreneurs operating out of their home to established owners of international companies, the Bell Business Excellence Awards are a celebratory evening that points a spotlight on the people who form the backbone of our community and the family, friends, and experiences that keep them going.”
This year’s award winners were:
- Business Start-Up, sponsored by CN: We Bring The Party
- Best Place to Work, sponsored by Collège Boréal: Lecoupe Ice
- Service Excellence, sponsored by Technica Mining: Bianco’s Supercenter
- Non-Profit/Charity Excellence, sponsored by TD Bank: Compass/ Boussole /Akki-Izhinoogan
- Small Enterprise, sponsored by Regional Business Centre: Nickel City Cheese Inc.
- Innovation, sponsored by Cambrian College: Unmanned Aerial Services Inc.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Greater Sudbury Plumbing and HVAC: Hailey Hastie, The Social Soulpreneur
- Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by RBC Royal Bank: John Lalonde, Sessions Ride Company
- Company of the Year, sponsored by Spectrum Telecom Group: Maestro Digital Mine
- Executive of the Year, sponsored by the Greater Sudbury Development Corporation and the City of Greater Sudbury: David Petryna, Petryna Group of Companies