The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce honoured 10 of the city’s top entrepreneurs and businesses on May 25 at the 26th annual Business Excellence Awards.
“For the past 26 years, the chamber has hosted its Business Excellence Awards as an opportunity to acknowledge the contributions of area business owners, and learn from them – and about them,” the chamber said in a news release.
The chamber said it received 142 nominations for the 10 award categories this year. The award winners for the 2023 Business Excellence Awards are:
- Business Start-Up, sponsored by CN: Froskr
- Best Place to Work, sponsored by Collège Boréal: Bestech
- Service Excellence, sponsored by Technica Mining: DeafBlind Ontario Services
- Non-Profit/Charity Excellence, sponsored by TD Bank: Foundations at Health Sciences North (HSN Foundation, NEO Kids Foundation, Northern Cancer Foundation)
- Small Enterprise, sponsored by Regional Business Centre: Raven Rising Enterprises Ltd
- Innovation, sponsored by Cambrian College: NSS Canada
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Greater Sudbury Plumbing and Heating: Tiffany Yahaya – Yes Buddy Cleaning Services
- Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by RBC Royal Bank of Canada: Nicole Blais – Goshenite Seniors Services Incorporated
- Company of the Year, sponsored by Baker Tilly SNT: Northern Ontario Film Studio
- Executive of the Year, sponsored by the Greater Sudbury Development Corporation and the City of Greater Sudbury: Robert Brouillette – City Welding & Y International Recruiting + Immigration Services Inc.