If you or someone you know wants to take advantage of the 2019 Elderly Tax Credit, applications are being accepted until Dec. 31.
To qualify, a resident must meet the following criteria:
- Be receiving the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) from the Federal Government. To verify if you receive the GIS, visit Service Canada at 19 Lisgar St. (Federal building) or call 1-800-277-9914.
- Be a resident of the City of Greater Sudbury.
- Be at least 65 years of age by Dec. 31.
- Be assessed as the owner of residential property for the entire current year.
- Occupy a single family dwelling unit in the City of Greater Sudbury on which municipal taxes are paid.
- The rebate is issued to qualified taxpayers in the form of a cheque. Taxpayers are required to apply for this rebate annually.
For details on eligibility for tax rebates and credits, visit www.greatersudbury.ca/taxes or phone 311.