Health Sciences North is currently experiencing extremely high volumes of admitted patients resulting in impacts to the Emergency Department.
With this significant surge, patients coming to to the Emergency Department can expect longer than usual wait times for an inpatient bed.
Hospital staff are asking for the public to please be patient and all emergency issues should be referred to HSN’s Emergency Department.
For all non-urgent care issues, please look to other options in the community, such as:
- Walk-in clinics
- Local pharmacies
- Telehealth Ontario - accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 1-866-797-0000
- Hand hygiene is the single most important way to prevent the spread of infection. Anyone who enters or exits the hospital, or a patient room, must clear their hands with hand hygiene products provided.
- Please do not visit patients if you are not feeling well or if you have any of the following symptoms: cough, sore throat, fever, runny nose, vomiting and/or diarrhea.
- All patients presenting to the Emergency Department are reminded to bring a list all of their
- medications with them, including vitamins and minerals as well as herbal and natural
- To see a list of available local walk-in clinics in Sudbury, click here or visit www.northeasthealthline.ca for all available health services