There are two new forest fires burning in the northeast, and ongoing dry conditions mean the forest fire hazard remains extreme in some parts of the northeast.
The two new fires are Algonquin Park 10, which is not under control, at 0.1 hectares; and North Bay 20, also not under control, at 0.5 hectares.
The remaining fires in the region are:
- Bancroft 8 is not under control at 13 hectares
- Bancroft 9 is being held at 0.3 of a hectare
- Sudbury 45 is under control at 0.3 of a hectare
- Peterborough 1 is under control at 0.1 of a hectare
- Kirkland Lake 6 is under control at 2.6 hectares
- Cochrane 10 is being observed at 1 hectare
- Cochrane 9 is being observed at 3 hectares
- Sudbury 34 is being held at 13 hectares
- Midhurst 1 is under control at 20 hectares
- Chapleau 7 is being held at 10 hectares
- Bancroft 4 is under control at 5 hectares
- Sudbury 30 is under control at 0.3 of a hectare
- Sault Ste. Marie 21 is being held at 1.2 hectares
- Hearst 4 is under control at 475 hectares
- Hearst 5 is under control at 2,574 hectares
- Wawa 7 is under control at 294 hectares
- Sudbury 35 is being held at 85 hectares
The current forest fire hazard is low to extreme across the Northeast Region.
For more information about the current fire situation and the active fires map, click here.
Report forest fires by calling 310-FIRE (3473).
Follow the forest fire situation on Twitter here.