New prices for Greater Sudbury Transit cash fares and ride cards come into effect Feb. 1.
In a news release, Michelle Ferrigan, director of Greater Sudbury Transit, said new fare categories introduced in the past year (like day passes and family day passes) will continue in 2017. She also said the service will be focused on customer service improvements and more effective bus routes this year.
The affordable transit pass program will continued in this year, but still on a trial basis. The program is aimed at low-income residents between the ages of 18 and 64. A Greater Sudbury Transit fare and transportation grant is also available to eligible not-for-profit charitable and community groups in need of charters or bus fare to a local event or program.
The following is a summary of Greater Sudbury Transit fares for 2017. Children age four and under ride free of charge. Definition of a senior is age 65 and over.
- Cash Fare: Adult/Student - $3.20 ($0.10 increase); Child/Senior/Disability Pensioner - $2.30 ($0.05 increase)
- Five-Ride Card: Adult/Student - $12.50 ($0.25 increase), Child/Senior/Disability Pensioner - $9.50 ($0.25 increase)
- 10-Ride Card: Adult/Student - $25 ($0.50 increase), Child/Senior/Disability Pensioner - $19 ($0.50 increase)
- 31-Day Pass: Adult - $87 ($3 increase), Student - $80.00 ($2 increase), Child/Senior/Disability Pensioner - $52 ($2 increase)
- Day Pass unlimited travel for one day: $9.50 ($0.50 increase)
- Family Pass unlimited travel for one day for at least one adult and four additional passengers: $15.50 ($0.50 increase).
Greater Sudbury Transit currently serves 38 routes with 59 accessible buses, supplemented with TransCab service to provide door-to-door transportation in areas outside of conventional transit service. Greater Sudbury Transit also manages a contract to provide door-to-door transportation to persons with disabilities through Handi-Transit.
More information about fares and schedules is available through Greater Sudbury Transit at 705-675-3333 or here. (https://www.sudbury.com/community-information/transportation/greater-sudbury-transit-300145)