Updated at 8:30 a.m.: The pole fire and explosion last night in the Montrose/Grandview area knocked out power for about 1,000 Greater Sudbury Hydro customers.
Crews managed a temporary repair and will return to replace the pole, spokesperson Wendy Watson said in a statement issued this morning.
Power was rerouted to customers in stages and all were restored within about two hours last night.
Sudbury Fire and Emergency Services attended the scene of a fire and explosion on a hydro pole on Drummond Avenue in New Sudbury this evening.
The incident occurred around 10:15 p.m. on Nov. 26.
Reports indicate that there were three loud bangs and sparks atop the hydro pole.
Fire crews along with Sudbury Hydro were both on scene and there are no reports of injuries or damage to nearby property at this time.
Check back with NorthernLife.ca for updates on this story.