Experience the music and dance of Latin culture at the second annual Northern Latin Congress (NLC), taking place Nov. 2 in support of Northeastern Ontario Easter Seals.
The full-day event will include dance workshops, performances and an evening of dance, with music by local Dj Ritchie Rich.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage and learn from local industry professionals, as well as those visiting the Nickel City from Toronto and North Bay.
"The event will also act as a way to welcome new dance students in our community," said Zoe Monroy, organizer and founder of the NLC.
The NLC is an organization committed to promoting and celebrating Latin rhythms culture and heritage in Greater Sudbury. According to a press release, the group strives to promote "racial harmony" and cultural awareness by exposing the community to diverse cultural, social, and artistic events.
The group was founded by Zoe Monroy, award-winning salsa dancer, instructor and entrepreneur, who offers local coaching in both English and Spanish.
The second annual Northern Latin Congress will take place from 9 a.m. Nov. 2 to 1 a.m. Nov. 3 at the Northbury Hotel and Conference Centre (50 Brady St.).
- Jan Fregonese from Professional Dancing – Greater Sudbury
- Bob Leduc and Anne Salter from Professional Dancing – Greater Sudbury
- Sky Slywchuk from Zen Fitness – Greater Sudbury
- Colette Lance from Latin Dance Fusion – Greater Sudbury
- Happiness is Dancing – Greater Sudbury
- Joany Gauvreau from Feminicity – North Bay
- Roxana and Fabian from Tango De Oro – Toronto
- David Palombi from Latin Revolution Dance Academy – Toronto
Ticket options are as follows:
- VIP (All day) $99
- Saturday morning $55
- Saturday afternoon $55
- Saturday night performances and party $25