Greater Sudbury Police won't be laying charges in connection with the death of a man earlier this week on the Kingsway.
In a release Friday afternoon, police said their investigation revealed the victim was seen by witnesses around 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday “walking in and out of traffic and acting in an erratic manner on the Kingsway just beyond Third Avenue.
“The man was wearing dark clothing and was in a location that did not have an immediate crosswalk and limited artificial lighting,” the release said. “The man, for reasons unknown, stepped out from the centre turning lane and directly in front of a white SUV that was travelling towards Coniston. The SUV struck the man.”
He was then struck by two more vehicles in the eastbound lanes, the release said, adding that all of the vehicles stopped at the scene of the collision.
“One of drivers left the scene before police obtained his information,” the release said.
While no charges are pending in relation to the collision, police still want to speak with the man to get a statement and his personal and vehicle information. He described as about 50 years old, and was driving a light coloured SUV.