Skip to content
Jobs | Contact | Tip line: 705-673-0123

Minor fire at Vale in Copper Cliff early Tuesday morning

A large vacuum cleaner hose caught fire in an old furnace building
0
140918_AP_Clean_AER2
(File)

Greater Sudbury Fire Services were called to Vale's complex in Copper Cliff just before 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning after a minor fire.

Platoon Chief Chris Stoakes said it was a large vacuum cleaner hose being used by workers in an old furnace building that's being decommissioned that caught fire.

“It wasn't a large fire,” he said. Smoke and fire damage in the six-storey industrial building is being classified by the fire department as minor. Nobody was injured in the incident.




Comments