City of Greater Sudbury staff are releasing weekly updates on road work this summer. Citizens who have questions are asked to phone 671-CITY (2489.)
- New left turn signals: Westbound motorists waiting to turn left from The Kingsway into the Chapters bookstore entrance of the RioCan Centre have a new advanced green arrow. Northbound motorists on Paris Street will have an advanced green arrow for a left turn onto Cedar Street, starting
Tuesday, July 26.
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane on Dominion Dr. between Heritage Dr. and Concorde St. in Hanmer starting Monday to Friday for installation of services by a private developer. Residents with homes adjacent to the construction site will have access to their driveways at all times. Contractors will work from 7 am to 9 pm. Two lane traffic will be restored after 9 pm.
- Replacement of a road culvert on Ronka Rd. at Beaver Lake will periodically reduce traffic to one lane Monday, July 25. Motorists are advised to use Boundary Rd. as an alternate route to and from Highway 17 W.
- Construction is underway to increase traffic capacity and improve traffic flow at the intersection bordered by Falconbridge Rd., The Kingsway and
Second Ave. Traffic delays are expected due to lane reductions and restrictions. Motorists are reminded to allow extra time to reach their destination
and to take alternate routes when possible. The project is expected to be complete in November.
- Traffic may be reduced to one lane over the next few weeks for road repairs and resurfacing for approximately one kilometre south off Highway 14 at Pilon Cres., Chelmsford.