A number of businesses in New Sudbury are still recovering from Monday's storm as they wait to have their power restored.
Many shops and businesses along Lasalle were affected by the wild weather and have been without power since Monday afternoon.
The Metro grocery store at 900 Lasalle Blvd. is closed and running on generator power with hopes of being up and running later this afternoon. Jiffy Lube ran off generator power for the morning, but will be closing at 12:30 p.m. as they are still without power.
Revenue Canada at the corner of Lasalle and Notre Dame is closed today due to the power outage. Employees are asked to phone the building status line at 1-877-215-1336 for updates.
Cambrian College is open but some the school's fibre-optic lines were knocked offline and the school is working to restore all of their internet services.
A tweet from Cambrian indicated that while the school has internet access, emails in and out of the school are down, as well as off-campus access to the school's web service, myCambrian.
Smith's Market on Lasalle was hit hard by Monday's storm as two hydro poles were knocked down and a transformer caught fire on the store's property. Smith's will remain closed today.
Ashley HomeStore (formerly McQueen's) at 800 Barrydowne Rd. is closed today. The store has power, but has suffered water damage.
The Plus Factor, located at 774 Lasalle Blvd., is closed today due to the power failure, as is Kid's Closet, located at 900 Lasalle Blvd. (next to the Metro grocery store).
Moving east along Lasalle, businesses weren't hit quite as hard as those near the Grandview-Montrose area. The New Sudbury Centre was open on Monday as soon as the storm passed, but many of the shops were closed as the mall was running on backup power only.
Power has been restored to the mall and everything is open on normal hours.
If you own or operate a business, or offer workshops or classes, that will be impacted today by the loss of power or storm damage, let Sudbury.com know in the comments below, by email to email@example.com, by tweeting at us @SudburyDotCom, or messaging us on Instagram at @SudburyDotCom. We'll help you spread the word by informing our readers.
- Harvey's - 1324 Lasalle Blvd.
- Passion Fitness (767 Barrydowne Rd.) is closed for the rest of the week due to the power outages.
- Hemlock Barbers (976 Lasalle Blvd.) will reopen Friday, July 13.
- Georgian Bay Fish & Chips is running today thanks to a generator.
- The Orient Restaurant (900 Lasalle Blvd.) was open as of Tuesday evening.
- GymZone Gymnastics & Athletics (1311 Gemmell St.) is now open with regular programming after power was restored Tuesday.
- Barrydowne Family Chiropractic - 1177 Barrydowne Rd. (open as of Wednesday)
- The Co-Operators - 900 Lasalle Blvd. (open as of Wednesday)
- New Sudbury Public Library - 1346 Lasalle Blvd. (open as of Thursday)