Ontario Parks announced today that both Grundy Lake Provincial Park and French River Provincial Park have been re-opened as of Aug. 10.
Grundy Lake Provincial Park is located between French River and Key River and was one of a number of provincial parks that was evacuated and closed due to forest fires in the area.
Grundy Lake Provincial Park was evacuated on July 27.
French River Provincial Park was re-opened on Aug. 10 with some exceptions:
- No access within 500m to any area impacted by fire also known as the fire perimeter
- No access on the Pickerel River west of Hwy 69 to Bear Island
- No access on the Key River west of Hwy 69 to Georgian Bay
- Campsites #900-917 & #923-933 are closed due to their proximity to the fire perimeter
- The French River Visitor Centre will remain closed until further notice - please note that interior permits will not be available for purchase at this location
- Interior permits can still be obtained in person from local outfitters as in past years or can be purchased online
- No fires are permitted within French River Provincial Park as it remains within a Restricted Fire Zone
For more information on park closures visit ontarioparks.ca or contact 1-888-ONT-PARK (1-888-668-7275).