Public Health Ontario is reporting 116 new cases of COVID-19 in the province today.
That is down slightly from Saturday's numbers when there were 124 new cases and Friday's number which sat at 134.
One more person has also died from the virus since the last provincial update.
Health officials also say there have now been 2,778 deaths from the virus, including 1,797 residents of long-term care homes, which is unchanged since yesterday. Eight health-care workers in long-term care facilities have also died from the coronavirus since the pandemic began.
With today's announcement, there are 39,449 cases in Ontario, as well as 35,359 recoveries, including 122 since the last update.
Across Ontario, health officials say more than 2.2 million have been tested for the disease, including 30,443 on Saturday. There are 17,839 cases currently under investigation in the province.
Seventy-two people are hospitalized due to COVID-19, which is down by one since yesterday, and 26 patients are in intensive care, which is also one less than was indicated in Saturday's report. Fourteen people are on a ventilator, which has gone up by two since the last report.
In Northern Ontario there are 28 known active cases.
The breakdown for the health units is:
- Algoma Public Health - 27 cases, rate of 23.6 per 100,000 population. There are no known active cases. The last confirmed case was reported July 17.
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit - 35 cases, rate of 27 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 37 cases. There are no known active cases.
- Porcupine Health Unit - 71, rate of 83.9 per 100,000 population. There are two known active cases. There was one confirmed case was reported July 22 and one today.
- Public Health Sudbury and Districts - 88 cases, rate of 83.9 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 89 cases. There are 21 known active cases. The last case was confirmed July 29.
- Timiskaming Health Unit - 19 cases, rate of 58.1 per 100,000. There is one known active case. The last case was confirmed July 25.
- Northwestern Health Unit - 44 cases, rate of 50.2 per 100,000. There are two known active cases. The last test was reported July 24.
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit - 95 cases, rate of 63.4 per 100,000. There are two known active cases. The last positive test was reported July 27.