Fire caused about $800,000 in damage to a home on St. Charles Lake Road on May 12, leaving four people homeless, said Greater Sudbury Fire Services.
Nineteen firefighters were called to the house fire. Fire and smoke damage were listed as severe.
In its fire safety message, Greater Sudbury Fire Services said every home in Ontario must have a working smoke alarm on every storey and outside all sleeping areas.
“Test your smoke alarms once a month and replace the batteries every year. Smoke alarms can increase your chances of surviving a fire by up to 50 per cent.”