École secondaire Macdonald-Cartier holds a celebration of the 50th anniversary of the school May 15 to 17.
“École secondaire Macdonald-Cartier was the first French-language public secondary school to open in Sudbury,” said a press release.
“To this day, École secondaire Macdonald-Cartier continues to offer an unparalleled education, marked by ethics, moral values, knowledge and skills.”
Some of the events planned that weekend include:
• Music shows during the day and the evening (Friday and Saturday)
• Vic Thériault and Les Bluez Brothers show (Friday evening)
• Reception for former staff members (Friday)
• Golf tournament (Saturday at Cedar Green)
• Draveurs and Group 17 special production (Saturday evening)
• Hey Wow! (Saturday night)
• Family activities (Saturday and Sunday)
Tickets to the anniversary weekend cost $25 each, and are available through Event Brite. Kids and youths 18 and under get in for free.
Golf tournament tickets cost $50, and are also available through Event Brite.
Check out the anniversary website for more information.