Skip to content

Tenant receives minor burns after Paris St. apartment fire

Fire was caused by cooking with oil, causes $50K in damage
Firetrucks_night_winterSized
(File)

A tenant was sent to hospital with minor burns after a structure fire at an apartment building on Paris Street on Tuesday night.

Greater Sudbury Fire Services said the tenant has since been released from hospital.

The source of the accidental fire was cooking oil, GSFS said. Damages are estimated to be in the range of $50,000.

The three tenants in the building are being housed by the Red Cross currently, as they couldn't return to their units due to damage caused by the fire.