An excavation is underway on the Van Horne hill due to a water leak between Paris Street and Lourdes Street.
One lane is being maintained in each direction. The work is expected to be finished by midnight, at which point the road will return to normal.
Other traffic interuptions may occur due to the following projects:
- On Monday, July 6, paving on Skead Road will cause delays in both directions from Radar Road to Airport Terminal Road and on Radar Road at Skead Road. Flagpersons will be onsite to direct traffic.
- Watermain upgrades will close Henry Street from McDougall Street to Rule Street until Friday, October 30. Access will be maintained for pedestrians, local traffic and emergency services.
- Culvert replacement work on MR80 will affect traffic from the Maley Drive exit ramp to Donaldson Drive until Monday, August 31. The area has been designated a Construction Zone. Traffic control within that zone will reduce traffic to one lane in each direction and the speed limit will be lowered from 80 km/h to 60 km/h.
- Asphalt work will close Tudor Court from Monday, July 6 to Wednesday, July 8. One lane will be maintained on Windsor Crescent.
- Elgin Street will be closed from Durham Street to Larch Street from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on July 7 and 8 for crane setup at Places des Artes. Access to the public parking lot will be maintained.
- Paving will close Penman Avenue from Sandra to Falconbridge from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, July 6.
- Watermain replacement and roadway restoration will extend the closure of Dean Avenue from Damaris Street to Mary Street until October 30. Detours are in place.
- Line painting and sign installation may close one lane of traffic and cause minor delays on York Street from Regent to Paris from Monday, July 6 to Friday, July 31.
- Pavement rehabilitation on Boardwalk Avenue will cause intermittent lane closures from Percy Street to the end from Monday, July 6 to Friday, July 17.
- Pavement rehabilitation on Mary Street will cause intermittent lane closures from Gutcher to Demorest from Monday, July 6 to Friday, July 17.