A parade of superheroes will bring Santa Claus to town this Saturday.
Whether you are attending the Sudbury Santa Claus Parade or heading downtown for The Offspring, Sum 41 concert at the Sudbury Arena on Nov. 16, here's a breakdown on when the festivities begin and what time roads will be closed.
- Southbound lanes on Notre Dame will be closed at Kathleen Street beginning around 1 p.m. as the floats line-up prior to the parade.
- Vehicles parked along the parade route (shown below) after 4 p.m. may be towed. The parade route will be closed to traffic starting at 5 p.m.
- The route has been extended this year to include a block on Larch Street between Elgin and Durham.
- The parade will pass the construction site for the Place des Arts. For safety reasons, spectators will not be allowed to stand in front of the jersey barriers in front of the site located at the corner of Elgin and Larch.
- The Santa Watch Party will take place in the TD Canada Trust parking lot from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Festivities will include live entertainment, free wagon rides, Jumper the Clown and festival foods.
- The fireworks display will be launched from the Van Horne hill at 5:15 p.m.
- The parade will begin at 5:30 p.m.
- Doors open at the Sudbury Arena at 6 p.m. for The Offspring and Sum 41 concert. Show begins at 7 p.m.
- During the parade, remember to stay on the sidewalk and keep track of your children and know where they are at all times. Do not walk on the roadway or stand on center medians.
For more information on the Greater Sudbury Santa Claus Parade visit their website.