Skip to content

Video: Sudbury Sec students back in school after bomb threat deemed ‘not credible’

Nothing suspicious was located in the school; matter remains under investigation

Updated Nov. 9 at 10:45 a.m.

Sudbury Secondary School students have been allowed to re-enter the school after a bomb threat was received by the school early this morning and Greater Sudbury Police determined the threat was “not credible”

Police said at 8:05 a.m., they received a call from the principal of Sudbury Secondary School regarding a potential threat to the school.

The school had received a bomb threat via email and immediately contacted police.

Sudbury Secondary initiated its protocols and students and staff were safely evacuated.

Greater Sudbury Police said officers were dispatched to the scene in order to determine the credibility and validity of the potential threat.

Police said that officers, with the assistance of staff, completed a thorough sweep of the school and did not locate anything suspicious.

Shortly after 10:15 a.m., students and staff were permitted to re-enter the school as it was determined that the threat to the school was not credible.

The Greater Sudbury Police Service and Rainbow District School Board take these matters very seriously, said a press release from the police service.

Officers continue to investigate this matter in order to determine the origin of the threat.

“We would like to thank the staff and students of Sudbury Secondary School for their co-operation and patience during the investigation,” said the press release.

Updated Nov. 9 at 10:20 a.m.

Sudbury Secondary School students are heading back into the school at this hour, according to our reporter who is on scene. 

Updated Nov. 9 at 9:45 a.m.

According to the reporter on scene, students are now returning to the grounds of Sudbury Secondary School. We have a call out to Rainbow District School Board to find out more about the situation.

Original story:

Students and staff from Sudbury Secondary School have been evacuated due to a “potential threat,” said Greater Sudbury Police.

Police received a call at 8:05 a.m. from the principal regarding the potential threat. 

Officers are on scene to determine the credibility and validity of that threat.

This is a developing story. More to come.