Do you have all-season tires for the whole year, or put winter tires on for the winter?
My mom has summer tires and winter tires. Eight tires in total — that’s a lot of tires!
She saves some money on her insurance for this reason, but she spends more than she saves because:
- She has to pay to have them changed over twice a year
- She has to pay to have them programmed to her car, or she has an annoying orange light on her dash
- She has to make an appointment and then wait about an hour to have the job done
- She has to go back to the shop and have her wheel nuts torqued
- And she has to haul the tires from her home to the shop and back, unless she pays more for the shop to store them for her.
So, I was just wondering what you think is the better choice, four tires all year round, or eigh5 tires with all that management and no money savings?
“I Was Just Wondering” is a Sunday feature on Sudbury.com from Finn, a Brussels griffon breed of dog, and his “mom”, Jaana Pirnes. Come back next week to see what Finn is up to. Got a question for Finn? You can email him at [email protected].