Sudbury's downtown will be alive with the sounds of the blues this Saturday as the 29th annual Downtown Rotary Blues for Food takes over Durham Street.
This year's event will showcase a lineup of eight local bands on the main stage, starting at noon.
The lineup is as follows:
- 12 p.m. - The Nickel City Road Crew
- 1 p.m. - Trudeau-Theriault-Lowenberg - Blues Night
- 2 p.m. - Elijah & The Backburners
- 3 p.m. - Tommy Fyfe & The Whiskey River Blues Band
- 4 p.m. - Mr. MD and the Aural Xciters
- 4:45 p.m. - Latin Dance Fusion
- 5 p.m. - The Dazed
- 6 p.m. - Cold Shot
- 6:45 p.m. - Latin Dance Fusion
- 7 p.m. - The Bluez Brotherz
The event will also feature a family area which will include face painting, a Science North "Food for Thought" exhibit, Sudbury BJJ and Muay Thai Academy, free wagon rides and Jumper the Clown.
All the festivities get underway at 11 a.m. and admission is a non-perishable food item or cash donation.
Proceeds from the day go to the Sudbury Food Bank for distribution to their 47 member agencies and charitable food providers – to help the hungry of the community.
To date, the event has raised more than $320,000 and collected more than 69 tons of non-perishable food items for the Sudbury Food Bank.