Sudbury.com is launching this year's 12 Days of Kindness with an emotional surprise for a very special family.
Twelve-year-old Hailey Gauthier said she wasn't looking forward to Christmas this year.
That's because Hailey will undergo brain surgery to remove a tumour just two weeks before Christmas Day.
With a little help from a family friend and three generous partners, we surprised Hailey and her family at their home to help lift their spirits and ease a bit of their financial burden.
Watch the video above to see what happened.
Join us at Sudbury.com every weekday morning through to Dec. 22 as we surprise a deserving family, person or organization as part of our 12 Days of Kindness.
Do you know someone who:
- Is a quiet hero giving tirelessly of their time and energy to positively impact the well-being of the community?
- Is making a profound impact through acts of courage, compassion, selflessness or sacrifice despite their own challenges?
- Has been faced with a painful loss or faced multiple challenges?
- Is experiencing financial hardships despite determined efforts to overcome them?
- Has been diagnosed or living with a debilitating illness and requires assistance?
Nominate them to be a 12 Days of Kindness recipient at www.sudbury.com/aok.
Click here to watch all of our AOK videos, including last year's 12 Days of Kindness.