They are the backbone of the front lines of health care in our community, helping families care for those who can no longer take care of themselves. But for the most part, they are unsung heroes.
They are PSWs, personal support workers, who make a career out of helping people in their time of need. Far from glamorous, the work is mentally, physically and emotionally demanding.
Sudbury.com’s 12 Days of Kindness continues with a gesture of genuine gratitude for a special caregiver who helped a family fulfill their mother’s dying wish.
Going above and beyond the call of duty is all in a day’s work for Sheila Mirabella who cared for her nominator’s mother - at home - until she took her last breath.
Watch as we surprise this angel on earth with a very special thank you.
Thank you to All About Massage for helping us surprise Sheila with some well-deserved relaxation.
During the month of December, Sudbury.com will be carrying out 12 acts of kindness. Join us every weekday morning through to Dec. 22 as we surprise a deserving family, person or organization.
Do you know someone who:
- Is a quiet hero giving tirelessly of their time and energy to positively impact the well-being of the community?
- Is making a profound impact through acts of courage, compassion, selflessness or sacrifice despite their own challenges?
- Has been faced with a painful loss or faced multiple challenges?
- Is experiencing financial hardships despite determined efforts to overcome them?
- Has been diagnosed or living with a debilitating illness and requires assistance?
Nominate them to be a 12 Days of Kindness recipient at www.sudbury.com/aok.
Click here to watch all of our AOK videos.