The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce honoured ten of Greater Sudbury’s outstanding entrepreneurs and businesses on Thursday, May 23 at their 22nd annual Bell Business Excellence Awards gala.
The business community came together in a crowd of over 400 to celebrate the award finalists and recipients.
For the past 22 years, the Chamber has hosted the Bell Business Excellence Awards as an opportunity to not only acknowledge the contributions of our business owners, but to also learn from them – and about them.
From young entrepreneurs operating out of their home to established owners of international companies, the Bell Business Excellence Awards are a fantastic evening that points a spotlight on the people who form the backbone of our community and the family, friends and experiences that keep them going.
The chamber received 137 nominations for 10 award categories this year.
The award winners for the 2019 Bell Business Excellence Awards are:
- Business Start-Up, sponsored by Freelandt Caldwell Reilly LLP Chartered Accountants: One Stop Naturals
- Service Excellence, sponsored by Technica Mining: Twiggs Coffee Roasters Sudbury
- Small Enterprise, sponsored by Regional Business Centre: Mafic Studios, Inc.
- Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by RBC Royal Bank of Canada: Changes Hair Studio
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Weaver, Simmons LLP: The Positive Inception Incorporated
- Innovation, co-sponsored by Cambrian College and NORCAT: RNA Diagnostics, Inc.
- Best Place to Work, sponsored by Collège Boréal: Caisse Populaire Voyageurs/Voyageurs Credit Union
- Company of the Year, co-sponsored by Northern Ontario Business and Northern Life: Yallowega Bélanger Salach Architecture
- Not For Profit/Charity Excellence, sponsored by TD Bank Group: NEO Kids Foundation
- Executive of the Year, sponsored by the City of Greater Sudbury and the Greater Sudbury Development Corporation: Don Duval, Chief Executive Officer, NORCAT