They dare to dream then turn dreams into action. Northern Ontario Business honoured an accomplished and influential group of winners Nov. 14 at the Caruso Club, as the long-awaited 40 Under Forty Award recipients were announced.
The awards highlight the outstanding achievements of 40 of Greater Sudbury’s exceptional young entrepreneurs, executives and professionals.
“It’s hard not to be impressed by the accomplishments of these remarkable young leaders,” Abbas Homayed, Vice President and Publisher of NOB said.
“The 2019 award recipients inspire us to be optimistic for the future. These individuals have no shortage of vision, talent and drive and perhaps most important, they’ve made a conscious choice to build their careers and their lives in our city, sending a message that our community is rich in opportunity.”
The event was hosted by Homayed and Julianne Joki, Executive Programs Coordinator.
Winners were selected by a panel for their personal success, leadership and commitment to community. Profiles of the 40 honourees can be found at www.40underForty.ca.
2019 40 Under Forty Award Honour Roll:
- Moe Alaeddine – Business Development Lead, BDC
- Alex Anawati – ER Physician, Health Sciences North
- Kamaldeep-Singh Bansal – Doctor of Chiropractic
- Victoria Benkovich – Marketing Assistant, Greater Sudbury Utilities
- Andrea Benoit – Greater Sudbury Police Service/Professional Wrestler
- Kate Bowman – Architect/Planner, Centreline Architecture
- Brandi Braithwaite – Director of Development and Alumni, Cambrian College
- Carly Buckner – Biomedical Researcher/Entrepreneur
- Erica Caden – Research Scientist, SNOLAB
- Dayna Caruso – Executive Director, Northern Ontario Families of Children with Cancer
- Bryan Cooper – Morning Show Host/Program Director Pure Country 91.7
- Kelsey Cutinello – Entrepreneur, La Fromagerie/Northern Axperts
- Lisa Marie Demmer – Chair, Modern Mining and Technology Sudbury
- Jean-François Démoré – Founder and Chief Investment Officer, innova Wealth
- Pamela Haight – Project Manager, Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Amanda Kingsley Malo – Teacher/Activist, Rainbow District School Board/PoliticsNOW
- Ashley Kirwan – President/CEO/Principal Geologist, Orix Geoscience Inc.
- Alanna LaHay – Executive Director, Volunteer Sudbury
- Alyson Laking – Executive Manager, Laking Group of Companies
- Mélika Lemelin – Wealth Management Advisor, Desjardins Voyageurs Credit Union
- Grace Ma – Research Scientist, Health Sciences North/Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Kyle McCall – Business Development Manager, Ontario Centres of Excellence
- Christopher McCormick – Student
- Liam McGill – Manager of Investment and Business Development, City of Greater Sudbury
- Nadia Mykytczuk – Associate Professor/Industrial Research Chair, Laurentian University
- Jessica Nadel – Entrepreneur, Beards Coffee Bar and Bakery/Tuco’s Taco Lounge/Flurples
- Karim Omri – President, Komri Engineering
- Christopher Pawlowicz – Glencore, Senior Mine Engineer
- Marie-Pierre Proulx – Artistic Director, Theatre du Nouvel-Ontario
- Greg Raymond – Chief Executive Hero/InsuranceHero.ca
- Negar Saeidi – Mining Engineer, Vale
- Louigi Salvati – Director of Sales and Marketing, Eastlink
- Katharine Schell Arrowsmith – Special Education Teacher, Rainbow District School Board
- Hailey Short – Event & Community Outreach Coord., NEO Kids Foundation, Cofounder She&Her
- Ryan Siggelkow – Senior Vice President of Technology, Hard-Line
- Melissa Stonley – Owner, Stonley Dental Studio
- Logan Patrick Stutz – Head Coach/General Manager, The Sudbury Five
- Nico Taus – Partner/Creative Director, Studio 123
- Jacqueline Villeneuve – Advocate/Entrepreneur, She Matters/Olive and Annie/ZLT Hope Homes
- Matt Weaver – Associate/Senior Electrical Engineer, J.L. Richards & Associates Limited