The 2023-24 call for concepts for the New Horizons for Seniors Program is on now.
Concepts will be accepted until Nov. 15 at 3 p.m.
“Pan-Canadian projects funding supports multi-year projects that use innovative and collaborative approaches in increasing the social inclusion of seniors,” a press release on the initiative states. “Organizations are eligible to receive up to $5 million in funding for projects.”
Successful projects will support the following objectives:
- Build the collective capacity of organizations to recognize and address barriers to social inclusion faced by vulnerable seniors.
- Provide access to information, programs, and services for vulnerable seniors to enhance their social inclusion within their communities.
- Support services to seniors as part of action research to better understand effective approaches for increasing the level of social inclusion of vulnerable seniors in their communities.
- Develop innovative approaches to engage and keep senior volunteers to improve their social inclusion in their communities.
- Address systemic barriers that contribute to the social isolation of vulnerable seniors.
Information sessions will also be held for interested organizations on Oct. 18 and Oct. 19.
If you are interested in the sessions, send an email to [email protected] by Oct. 16 at noon.
The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) is a federal grants and contributions program. It provides funding for projects that make a difference in the lives of seniors and in their communities.